The McKinney Garden Club was organized by Mrs. Carrie Emerson Lovejoy along with 28 women and two men in October, 1930.   In 1933 the second president, Fannie Finch, proposed the Club’s mottos of “Every Yard a Flower Garden.”  The purpose of the Club is to promote an interest in gardens, their designs and management and to encourage and help with citywide plantings.